The Government exists to serve the community well within available resources. To this end, it recognises the need for the community to be well informed about the Government, the services it provides and the basis for policies and decisions that affect individuals and the community as a whole.
The Code on Access to Information (the Code) defines the scope of information that will be provided, sets out how the information will be made available either routinely or in response to a request, and lays down procedures governing its prompt release.
The Code authorises and requires civil servants, routinely or on request, to provide information unless there are specific reasons for not doing so. These reasons are set out in Part 2 and will normally be referred to if a request for information is refused.
Requests for information will be handled as promptly and helpfully as possible and if necessary, members of the public may be approached to clarify their requests or the requests may be directed to the most appropriate department. Procedures will be kept as simple as possible.
The Code also sets out procedures for review or complaint if a member of the public considers that the provisions of the Code have not been properly applied.
The Code can be accessed at http://www.access.gov.hk.
The disclosure log provides summary descriptions of the nature of information requested and released under the Code by this department. The disclosure log will be updated on a quarterly basis. To search for the disclosure log, please click here.
|The “Code on Access to Information” is not applicable to search of land records and other request for information available through an existing charged service. For information on public services, please click here.|
- Our Access to Information Officer
The Access to Information Officer of the Land Registry is responsible for ensuring that requests for access to information under the Code are properly dealt with in accordance with the specified procedures.
- Requests for information or records held by the Land Registry (excluding land records and information available through an existing charged service) may be made by online submission or by letter or application form obtainable from the Reception Counter of the Land Registry on 28/F., Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong or at the Customer Services and Administration Section, Management and Customer Services Division on 19/F., Queensway Government Offices. You can complete the online form to submit the request. You can also download the application form here (PDF format)(Ms Word format). The application should be addressed to:
Ms Ella TSOI
Access to Information Officer
The Land Registry
Address: 19th Floor,
Queensway Government Offices,
Fax No.: 2523 0065 E-mail: email@example.com
For enquiries, please call 3105 0000 during office hours.
Other than publications which are available free of charge, or at a cost specified, the following photocopying charge will be levied for copies of records provided:
Charges Photocopy in black and white A4 size paper at HK$1.4 per copy
A3 size paper at HK$1.6 per copy
(Note : The charge is subject to revision from time to time.)
- Organization chart / Distribution of Business of the Land Registry
- A list of records by category held by the Land Registry
- A list of information either published or to be made available, whether free of charge or at a cost
- A notice on the designation of the Access to Information Officer of the Land Registry
- Job description of the Access to Information Officer
- A Code on Access to Information and the Guidelines on Interpretation and Application