Black Rainstorm Warning Day
- Your attention is drawn to an amendment to section 71 of the Interpretation and General Clauses Ordinance (Cap.1) which has an effect on registration of instruments under the Land Registration Ordinance (Cap.128).
- The section sets out the rules for the computation of time for the purpose of any Ordinance. It has been amended by section 16 of Ordinance No.68 of 1995 to allow an extension of time not only in the case of a public holiday or a gale warning day, but also a black rainstorm warning day.
- The practical effect is that if the last day of the one month period mentioned in section 5 of the Land Registration Ordinance is a black rainstorm warning day, the period shall include the next following day, not being a public holiday or a gale warning day or a black rainstorm warning day.
- Please also note that the Land Registry will be closed under Regulation 4(2) of the Land Registration Regulations during the time when a black rainstorm warning is in force
- For enquiries, please contact the Customer Service Manager, Ms Peggy CHAN (now changed to Ms Ella TSOI) at telephone number 2867 2882 (now changed to 3105 0000).