Deeds Pending Registration
- At present, particulars of deeds received each day by the Urban Land Registy for registration will appear in the computerized Memorial Day Book and the Memorial Card Index for public inspection the following working day.
- The Land Registry has recently enhanced its computerised land registration system to provide such information either in the "Deeds Pending Registration" section of the relevant computer register or in the "Unposted Memorial List".
- The enhanced system will come into operation sometime in July 1994, the exact date of which will be announced in a further Land Registry Circular Memorandum. With effect from that date, deeds received by the Land Registry for registration but not yet registered will appear -
- in the "Deeds Pending Registration" section of the computer printout for the premises affected; or
- in the "Unposted Memorial List" (see paragraph 4 below), if the property address in the deed does not match with that in the computer register or if there is no existing register for the premises affected.
- The "Unposted Memorial List" will be available for inspection, free of charge, in the public search area on the 18th floor of Queensway Government Offices. It will be divided into four parts, as follows -
Part I - Inland Lots Part II - Kowloon Inland Lots Part III - New Kowloon Inland Lots Part IV - Other Lots
- To reduce the length of the "Unposted Memorial List", solicitors are requested to provide the Land Registry with full and complete information regarding the allocation of undivided shares to units, car ports, external walls etc. at least one month before dealings, for example, before Agreement for Sale and Purchase are lodged for registration. This will enable the Land Registry to do all the necessary preparatory work in advance for the creation of new registers so that when the dealings are presented for registration, the Land Registry can quickly create new Sub-Division Registers and proceed to register the dealings.
- With effect from the date referred to in paragraph 3 above, the Urban Land Registry will cease to maintain the existing Memorial Card Index in respect of deeds received for registration.
- Please direct any enquiries to our Customer Service Manager at 867 2882 (now changed to 3105 0000).
(Kenneth T.W. PANG)