Land Registry Circular Memorandum No. 2/05
4 April 2005
Central Registration System
This circular gives reminder of :-
(a) the end of the grace period regarding use of the Property Reference Number (PRN) on Memorial Forms; and
(b) the material for plans attached to an instrument lodged for registration.
Property Reference Number
2. Paragraph 14.2 of the Land Registry Circular Memorandum No. 2/04 announced a grace period of 2 months from 12 February 2005 within which the PRN need not be specified in a Memorial Form. The grace period will expire on 11 April 2005.
3. With effect from 12 April 2005 please ensure that the PRN of the property is specified in the "Property Reference Number" box in the memorial. With the exception set out in paragraph 4 below, memorials lodged for registration on or after 12 April 2005 without the PRNs will be withheld from registration.
4. For instruments such as a deed of mutual covenant, occupation permit or other document which is lodged for registration against all units in the same development or in the same multi-storeyed building, the PRNs for all affected units need not be entered in the memorial. In such cases the words "PRNs of all affected units" may be entered in the Property Reference Number box.
5. The PRN for each property is now shown on the land register so may be obtained by reference to any print out or electronic record of a search before completion of the memorial.
Plans attached to an instrument lodged for registration
6. To obtain the best quality in electronic imaging, customers are reminded to attach a paper plan instead of a plastic or linen one to an instrument lodged for registration. Customers are also reminded not to use light tones in colouring as these do not show up well on imaged documents.
7. For enquiries, please contact our Customer Service Manager, Mr W Y KWOK (now changed to Ms Eva LAU), at 3105 0000 or e-mail to us at email@example.com.