Closure of North and Sai Kung District Search Offices and Relocation of Owners' Corporation Services to Shatin District Search OfficeThis circular announces the closure of our North and Sai Kung District Search Offices with effect from 16 April 2007 and the new arrangements for services after the closure.
2. In February 2005 the Land Registry was reorganized to create a Central Registration System, serving the entire territory of Hong Kong. The separate registries that used to exist in each New Territories district were closed. An internet service started, through which any member of the public, solicitors, estate agents and other professionals can obtain land registry records cheaply and quickly. To give the public time to get used to this new service, we maintained small offices in each New Territories district where members of the public could come to conduct searches in person. These offices also continued to provide a service for registration of owners' corporations.
3. Since 2005 a growing number of customers have been switching to use the internet services. The number of customers using counter services, particularly in the New Territories, has reduced substantially. This very low use has led us to review the cost-effectiveness of keeping the New Territories offices. After review, we have decided to reorganize our counter services and to close our North and Sai Kung District Search Offices with effect from 16 April 2007.
Rearrangement of services
4. After closure, the owners' corporation services previously provided at the North and Sai Kung District Search Offices will be taken up by the Shatin District Search Office at 9/F., Shatin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Shatin. This is close to the Shatin Railway Station and other public transport services.
5. Counter search services would continue to be provided at other search offices including the Shatin District Search Office and Tai Po District Search Office at 4/F., Tai Po Complex, 8 Tai Po Heung Sze Wui Street, Tai Po. Customers can also conduct internet online searches at www.iris.gov.hk.
6. Customers who, for one reason or another, cannot make personal visits to other search offices or use the internet services can contact our Customer Service Manager through the Customer Service Hotline at 3105 0000 for assistance. They may also make their search requests by mail to The Land Registry (Attn.: Customer Service Manager) at 28/F., Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong or by fax to 2523 0065.
7. For any enquiries on the closure and rearrangement of services, please contact our Customer Service Manager, Ms Allan CHAN (now changed to Ms Ella TSOI), at 3105 0000 or e-mail to us at email@example.com.